Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Crazy 4 Cult: New York @ Gallery 1988 - Wyld Stallyns

***UPDATE***
Prints are available to purchase by clicking HERE :)
Front/Back Artist prints are available exclusively in my store by clicking HERE!
_________________________________________________________________________________
For the past 8 years, Gallery 1988 has existed solely in California, and they have done several Crazy 4 Cult shows. These Crazy 4 Cult shows have always been incredible shows full of extremely talented artists and amazingly great artwork, but this year is going to blow the roof off the place. Crazy 4 Cult is moving across these lovely United States of America to New York City!!!

Badass artwork by Jason Edmiston

This summer tradition for those of us fortunate (or unfortunate, depending on your views) enough to live in Los Angeles is packing it's bags and heading for Big Apple. Though the show may have left Southern California, I wanted to base my artwork off of a lovely little city near and dear to my heart, the City of San Dimas.

San Dimas, CA. According to Wikipedia, it was founded in 1887, incorporated in 1960, but was really put on the map in February of 1989 thanks to two young gentlemen that go by the name of Bill S. Preston and "Ted" Theodore Logan.

I'm still waiting for Wyld Stallyns to write the song that changes the world. But for now, I present the latest album from Wyle Stayllyns, "Be Excellent To Each Other"

"Wyld Stallyns"

"Straight from San Dimas and into the history books, it's Wyld Stallyns with their new album "Be Excellent to Each Other". Packed full of new songs like "Most Triumphant", "Dust, Wind, Dude", and their first single "Strange Things Are Afoot". San Dimas High School Football rules, and you will too when you listen to Wyld Stallyns!"

Tracklisting

Along with prints available will be this one-of-a-kind framed album. In continuing tradition with my other albums, the record chosen for this piece was hand-picked to be appropriately connected to the subject matter.

Available exclusively at the Crazy 4 Cult show.

The record used in the framed album. Rufus would be proud.


I was 8 years old when Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure came out. I grew up in the small town of La Verne. La Verne happens to be next door neighbors to San Dimas. Seeing this movie take place in San Dimas blew my 8 year old mind until I quickly figured out the locations in the movie didn't match up with what I knew San Dimas looked like. Our Waterloo is actually called Raging Waters (FACT: I once got chased by human poop in the lazy river at Raging Waters, I never returned) Sadly, the movie was actually shot in Arizona, my 8 year old psyche never recovered.

I brought the framed album to two very important locations in San Dimas, as I live only a few shorts blocks from these historic landmarks.

Strange things are afoot.

I hear their football rules...

A limited number of prints of the album cover (signed and numbered) will be available at Gallery 1988 in New York as well as online through their store: http://www.nineteeneightyeight.com 

Front and back Artist Prints will be available through my store by clicking HERE

"Crazy 4 Cult: New York"
Thursday August 9th, 6-9pm
Gallery 1988 NY Pop-Up Store
64 Gansevoort St.
New York, NY 10014

And please... Be excellent to each other.

No comments: