Thursday, April 17, 2014

Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary @ Gallery 1988

30. Years. ... 30. Ghostbusters celebrates a big milestone this year, and Columbia Pictures decided to celebrate by working with Gallery 1988 to put on a traveling art show as a birthday gift to the fans.


Gallery 1988 is loading up the ECTO-1 with tons of awesome artwork and hitting the road! First stop is New York City, home to the infamous Ghostbusters. The Gallery is really close to the Firestation Ray, Egon, Peter, and Winston called home.

Seeing Ghostbusters is one of my earliest memories from my childhood. I had all the toys, the proton pack that didn't look anything like the one in the movie, but my brother and I felt like we were actually busting ghosts. I'm super excited to be a part of this show, I believe this film is partially responsible (along with the Christopher Walken film "Communion") for my obsessive interest in the paranormal and all things ghosts. I guess also growing up in a haunted house that had a permanent (and often times friendly) ghostly presence probably helped add to that... I'm super excited to be a part of this show, here's my work for the Official Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary Show at Gallery 1988:



Prints will be available through the gallery, and I've also created a framed album, with the official Ghostbusters Soundtrack vinyl LP included!:

Bustin' makes me feel good


I've added a custom record label to the record!


The show will be making it's way around the country, starting in New York City This Saturday, April 19th, 2014. Then it comes to Los Angeles, then Chicago, and then makes it's final destination in San Diego for the San Diego Comic Con!!!

Here are the dates of the cities it will be visiting, for more info please visit http://www.ghostbusters30th.com

New York City: April 19-26
Los Angeles: May 17-June 1st
Chicago: June 20-22
San Diego: Comic-Con (if you don't know when that is... it's too late to get tickets, so don't bother!)

There's an amazing list of artists for this show, so there's bound to be something for everyone! If there's something strange in your neighborhood, you know who to call.


No comments: